Thursday, February 12, 2009

Madonna Lookalike from Cancun to Honduras

The last 3 days I spent at the GR Solaris in Cancun. I had a great time!
Thank you Ricardo, Erika, Lissie, everyone who made this possible.
Thank you Classixfm.com

This morning in Cancun started a little rough with me slipping on the marble floor probably thanks to the clubbers spilling some fluids of unknown nature. I fell but nothing really happened thank God, the wrist hurt a while but moves fine but at 5am it wakes you up that little bit..

The taxi was on time and the driver lovely.

I got the airport on time. There were 2 airlines going to Mexico. I got in the cue for the right one.
Then we were told Mexico city had fog.
So we were 1.5 horus delayed or so. I don´t really remember as I curled up and slept like someone who partied one night and had 4 hours of interrupted sleep (did the alarm ring?) the next one...oh and the most amount of alcohol ever consumed. I topped myself yesterday with 4 cocktails in a day.

Never slept so well on a plane!



To explain a bit...I was in a luxury 5star resort with all inclusive and basically that meant life at the pool and beach sipping cocktails and when the wind blew to hard, relocating into the jacouzi. It´s tough for some. Cancun has turquoise water and white sand like on the posters we had in our bedroom.

Lissie, my personal assistant and me hit the night life as well where we went to coco bongo, the biggest night club wiht a vegas type show. It was awesome. especially the aerial acts playing scenes from spiderman wiht the costumes, the green gobin and glider...they were flying through the club on a harness, it was fantastic. they had screens as big as a proper sized cinema on whihc you saw the movie and-or the scene taking place. spectacular. The impersonators didn´t sing live and I am happy to report Madonna didn´t look at all like Madonna. And that some people from the club had travelled all the way to Merida to check out the show.


aaaaaaaaaanyway. we had a great night and got picked to dance on the platform upstairs between the movie screens which were filming us simultaneously. Ok I had a good time!!


Then I had a day on my own in the hotel and chilled out, walking for hours in the sand, sipping more cocktails and enjoying writing a new song and chatting to people, eating tropical food and seeing a great show.
this mornign I got up and out at 4:45am sooooo I was awake until I sat down in the plane and then booom. Out like a light bulb.

In Mexico city after being chatted up by the armed police guy and after 3 times being told the wrong gate number...I made it to the right gate. connecting flight to honduras. It was the last one of the airport! Like a movie. the last on the left. I couln´t find my flight on the boards which was slightly alarming. So I went straight up to the lady to check with her, is this the counter for Honduras?
the lady took her pager: hola tengo un passagero!!! Hay una mas! ( I have a passenger here, one more passenger, hello! stop the bus)
The bus outside stopped she said: run!!

I did. Bueno. I thought everyone was delayed due to the ¨´fock¨´ (as they called it on the plane) but apparently with different times. I had not spent a second wasting time on the way.
I got the plane.that´s the most important. there is only one flight a day. I curled up again for more snooze.
I woke up for the peanuts with lime. I don´t miss out on any lime...
Anyway, they picked me up here in Honduras. Very nice all good and we waited for the suitcase.
and waited. and waited.
Well, you see, I had made it rather quickly from one plane to the other but my suitcase hadn´t....
tomorrow it should be with me.
I am calm about it, the airport is small, the suitcase was labelled and the circumstances quite clear. Thank God again I arrive 2 days prior to the show.


I am being taken care of, the lounge is lovely and I got the best excuse to go shopping.
I know that often the 'I don´t have anything to wear' wont wash but this time it was actually true!

I already had 2 incredible meals and the weather is just like I love it. warm and humid. I am happy. I am in a valley here in San Pedro Sula. They showed me more pictures of the Bay Islands. Don´t google Roatan. don´t. whatever you do, do not google Roatan.
It´s like the tropical paradise we all dream of. I am sooooooooooo going.
I love this life. I had no idea how amazing central america is. My spanish is improving at lightening speed. I love it here. soooo much.

I am going to hit the pillows of my very big bed. Not literally. Laterally.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a gig! Congratulations! (But we miss you in London... can't wait to see you soon!)

x Chris