Saturday, September 20, 2008

I facebooked Madonna

Oh my Gaaaad. Madonna is on Facebook. I added her as a friend with a short personal message along the lines of hi I am your UK tribute as seen on BBC1. She accepted me, "you are now friends with Madonna RItchie"
I wrote a message. I wrote a message to Madonna. Can you believe it? she has 100 friends on Facebook. Only a matter of days until the fans have swamped it all but I thought maybe, maybe, maybe she is really behind it and maybe she will read this letter. Who knows?!
This is what I wrote.


Hello Madonna,

I wonder...are you looking at your facebook yourself or is someone professional behind this page? would make sense if there was of course, though I could see you enjoy this site as it brings you close to real people whilst keeping you safe.

sitting in a hotel room somewhere- france- and having a look...hmmm. I would if I were you...

I am asked a lot if we have met, because as your impersonator, it fascinates people to know what the real deal thinks about her tributes. Graham Norton told me you watched the show "the one and only" - I don't know if that was more fun or real but the thought that you might have does excite in a strange way. that sounds odd- I didn't mean it like that.

Sometimes I imagine you sitting and watching- keeps me on my toes performance wise I must say. I went to Edinburgh this year to launch myself from Madonna impersonator to Music COmedienne and one performance thought Guy was sitting in the audience- this guy looked very much like him. My heart stood still. The thought about it all makes me laugh now.
My guy was watching- Guy Thomas as he is known when I am out or Tomtom when we are together. He is wonderful, so no - to answer another popular question, I don't want Madonna's husband,he is hers. I sing her music, I don't live her private life.

People ask funny things. Well, who am I telling...

I hope you enjoy your tour- a hectic and yet sometimes lonely experience, full of what you are best at and yet probably missing home life as well..
You have a very special life...and thank you for that- mine is quite intriguing thanks to you as well- from international gigs with bodyguards and orchestra to dancing on a bar in Beirut to performing for dinner and tribute at a Holiday Inn in Hemel Hempstead. People love you and what they connect you to. We've grown up with your music and it's an honour to be able to bring that back to people- I had my boots licked, people screeming and having a great time. It's strange because when they applaud, they applaud you. And me "doing" you. I do Madonna- not many people can say that. ;-)

I admire that you study- be it art or Kabbalah, striving to learn and grow is what I love. Searching for the light and bringing it to shine. I believe we come from love, and we have a great opportunity on this earth in this life to generate more of it, share it, bring it out- that is true creativity. Many emotions exist, many we try to rid ourselves from, but love we can actually generate.

I am of a Jewish background, German and jewish. My grandmother was in Ausschwitz, my greatgrandfather died there. My grand dad was responsible for the reconcilitation money for the jews in NY. When I went to NY, I lived close to where you were. I had one contact- in the music building. I had no clue about these connections. People told me. They told me I reminded them of you, they told me this is the place you had your manager, record deal, you name it. I met the people who carried water bottles for you and sold you vegetables. They talked my ears off. I had a partner in the UK- a personal trainer. I moved to London..it wasn't to imitate you but it turned out to be.

Anyway, I don't want to bore you with endless tirades, you are touring and if you are reading this yourself, I am honoured and wish you all the best, peace in your heart. And that flower of happiness well watered. \
If you are not reading it yourself, I hope whoever is has got a smile on your face. Life is for living, enjoy.

Best Wishes,

Evelyne




Let's see if she pings me back?!

No comments: